Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Preacher Looks at 30

"The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits." - Hervey Allen

It's the big week here on N. Wintzell. Saturday will see my 20's come to a close and I will step into the beginnings of middle age. I don't expect much to change between Friday night and Saturday morning. Many of you who have known me feel like I've been 30 since I was 5. The occasion of my 30th birthday has given me reason to pause for introspection and over the next few weeks, I hope to share some of those insights with you. They'll probably be narcissistic, absurd, self-indulgent, or cliched. But then again, it's MY BIRTHDAY!

So, be on the lookout in the days ahead for my own 30 Thoughts for 30 Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment