Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Clint Landry?


Have you met my alter-ego?


If you weren't aware yet, your humble blogger/pastor has gone Hollywood. OK, so maybe it's not me, but there is a guy with my name. If you haven't had the chance yet, should take the opportunity to check out Swamp People on the History Channel. I was first alerted to the show by some observant folks here at the church who noted that the show's true protagonist, Troy Landry shared my last name. (Also, if you dropped Troy between my dad and uncle, you might think he was the 3rd Landry brother) We've got some video of Troy below:




Troy Landry is a Swamp Person. During alligator season, he takes the opportunity to hunt alligators, commercially, and employs a "hired gun" named Clint Landry (no relation to Troy or the author) to do the actual shooting. You can find out more about the show here: I was immediately intrigued, as it's always good to see a fellow Landry enjoy fame. I took the opportunity to find the actual Clint Landry on Facebook and friend him up. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with this idea, as I've recently received friend requests from folks around the country. In checking out their profiles, I've found that they are, inevitably, Swamp People fans who think they have befriended "the" Clint Landry.

Unfortunately, I'm not "the" Clint Landry. I do not regularly "Choot 'im in da head, yah!" (that's a little Swamp People joke for us insiders) I am a Clint Landry, though, and I am now endeavoring every day to do my part to act as a Swamp Person. No reptile shall survive my fury. I will begin to speak in the dialect of my Cajun forefathers. I will wear the exact same shirt in every episode of my new show. OK, so maybe not. Maybe I'll just have a bowl of gumbo and buy one of these sweet t-shirts: here

As for me, I'll just enjoy my new-found pseudo-celebrity here on N. Wintzell.

1 comment:

  1. I did think it was funny they had Troy Landry and his trusty side kick Clint.

    ReplyDelete