Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Time




It's the most wonderful time of the year. So, the song says and who am I to argue with the song? As we prepare for Christmas around here on N. Wintzell, I'm finding it more and more difficult to take time to reflect on the birth of Christ. Maybe you're in the same boat. Around the Landry house, I find myself surrounded by decorations, candy, and gifts hidden in every available nook and cranny. Even apart from the upcoming holiday events, life in general has been jam-packed.

As we make preparation for the last few weeks before Christmas, I wanted to let my friends out there online know about a few upcoming events that we hope will help place our focus on Christ during Christmas. Sunday morning at 11, our choir will be sharing with us in music as they present this year's Christmas musical. It's full of classic Christmas music, and I know that it will be a blessing.

Also, on Sunday night at 6, our church will be hosting a Candlelit Lord's Supper. This service will include David Akridge as our special musical guest and will be followed by a time of fellowship. I believe that both of these events provide us with a great opportunity to worship Christ during the Christmas season. If you're out there and don't have a church to call home, I'd like to invite you to come out and share in one of these services with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment